Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Cctv

I've had a cctv system set up for a few years now and have been able to access it both at home and when away on my mobile data

But recently it stopped working on my mobile data, I have not changed anything, so phoned customer services to see if they had changed anything with my hub 3 but they were no help and wanted me to pay for tech help. He did mention something had been changed recently for iphones but I use android, so not sure if this change has anything to do with it not working on my mobile now? 

I've tried opening port forwarding, did every number listed on my cctv but nothing works, thing is when I set my cctv up years ago, it just worked I didn't need to do anything with the hub or port forwarding 

I've tried doing a factory reset on both my hub and my cctv system still won't work 

Not sure what else to do, don't really want to pay £60 for tech help when it was working fine for years, and now it's not when I haven't done or changed anything. 

Anyone got any ideas? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cctv

Has your public IP address changed?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have no idea, 

If I could check it on my hub, I would not know what it was before if it has changed.

I haven't changed anything, is that something virgin media would of done? 

Thanks for taking time to help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Well how are you accessing your CCTV remotely?

Is it an app or is it using your IP?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm using a P2P app which found my cctv by GID 

This works when at home but even when at home and I turn my WiFi off on my phone so it uses mobile data it says device off line and when I search for it out doesn't find anything, turn WiFi back on and its there straight away 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@CakeMuncher wrote:

I'm using a P2P app which found my cctv by GID 

This works when at home but even when at home and I turn my WiFi off on my phone so it uses mobile data it says device off line and when I search for it out doesn't find anything, turn WiFi back on and its there straight away 

What is GID ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

😂 I don't know 🤣

Screenshot_20201029_161005_com.gooclient.cctvp2p.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Are you using a cloud service provided by the cctv maker?  

What is the app called? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

No, I just plugged a wire from the cctv into the hub, then when I first got the P2P app it searched the LAN and found it immediately, worked fine ever since, unbroken a few weeks ago 

Screenshot_20201029_165058_com.gooclient.cctvp2p.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20201029_161005_com.gooclient.cctvp2p.jpg

0 Kudos