Menu
arborlinden2021
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cant win with Virgin Media - Network issues

Have a message that says I am entitled to free Hub 3. When I try to request it fails to go through and puts me back to request screen. When I phone to try and remedy engineer test line and says that hub cannot be updated because it tests OK

When I request a change to my service get a confirmation and a quotation

This is follows by email to say that further details needed and to phone. When I phone and spend ages on line get a different quote.

Been with Virgin Media for years. current service sucks. Net speed drops to random poor figures frequently and reverts to correct only after rebooting. Must have done this 100 times recently.

Very frustrating

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant win with Virgin Media - Network issues

Thde best way of replacing an old SH with the Hub3 - is to call it in as faulty - they are reluctant to swap working Hubs at the moment. So call in and report it as a fault.  Whether a Hub3 will solve your issues is by no means certain.

That said, is it just speed issues or are there disconnects as well? If so, are they only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant win with Virgin Media - Network issues

Hi arborlinden2021,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks very much for your first post.

I am really sorry to hear that you've been having problems with your broadband service and you feel that our customer service isn't up to scratch. We'd love to be able to turn this around for you.

We do have very limited equipment stock at the moment, so I'm afraid we are unable to send out a new hub to you as a delivery, however as your hub is very old and you are experiencing issues with your connection, I've arranged an engineer visit for you. They will replace the hub for you during their visit.

You can view your appointment time slot via your My Virgin Media account. Please keep us posted with how the visit goes and if you need anything else from us!

Beth

0 Kudos