cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect to virgin media connect app hub3

GOURLBR1
Joining in

I have just signed up to virgin yesterday and all up and running and i was told to install the connect app which i have amd have gone through the set up to install the hub3 but says it is hub installing working our magic but is still looking for it an hour later looking for help thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @GOURLBR1, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Connect App you are facing. 😞
Please try the following and let us know if it works:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are using an Android device can you please ensure you have the following settings enabled:
Location Permissions (Settings > Apps > Virgin Media Connect > Permissions)
Nearby devices (Settings > Google devices & Sharing > Scan for nearby devices).

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Hero

VPNs / iCloud Private Browsing / IP Hiding tools are all things that will prevent your mobile from finding the Hub.

For the app to work, the link below must only return an IPv4 IP (and not an IPv6 IP) also the ISP must be : Virgin Media.

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @GOURLBR1, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Connect App you are facing. 😞
Please try the following and let us know if it works:

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data.
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are using an Android device can you please ensure you have the following settings enabled:
Location Permissions (Settings > Apps > Virgin Media Connect > Permissions)
Nearby devices (Settings > Google devices & Sharing > Scan for nearby devices).

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs