Menu
VMCS
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cant connect to Netflix on Smart TV or You Tube

Hi I use my Hub 3 in modem mode and have connected a TP Link S4 Deco mesh network for wi-fi throughout the house - which works very well with high speeds available on all connected devices. My V6 box and Samsung TV are both connected via Wireless to the network and both state 100% connection and excellent signal strength. Si far so good, but now Netflix is now not loading and says there is no internet connection and You Tube has stopped streaming and is stuck at 'loading'. Any ideas please?
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant connect to Netflix on Smart TV or You Tube

Will they load without the TP Link in the system ?

Is the TP Link being used in Router Mode or as an Access Point ?

Can you connect to those sites using a PC or Mac ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
VMCS
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thanks for the response. The TP Deco system is deployed as a router, with 2 satellites. I rechecked all of the connections and input the settings again on both V6 box and Smart TV and restarted the TV and everything worked again. I have checked this morning and its still working fine.

Are these streamed services (Netflix etc)  being provided by the internet connected TV or via the V6 box?  I assumed the former, but wondered why the cable box also needs  connecting to the internet?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you put the virgin hub into Modem Mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
VMCS
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes the Hub is in modem setting and the wi fi performance around the house is now fantastic via the mesh network whereas before it could be 5 mbps in some parts.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, yes I see that in your first post now.

Do other web applications work on the smart tv?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
VMCS
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, everything is now working

0 Kudos