Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot setup Hub 4 with ASUS DSL AC68U router.

Hi,

I recently purchased an ASUS DSL AC68U router that I wish to use with the Hub 4 (in modem mode). The ASUS router comes with a splitter that allows one to run a DSL cable to the phone and another to the router.

Once connected, the phone works fine; however, when I attempt to setup the router, the LED corresponding to the DSL does not light up. When I access the router's interface and the setup wizard attempts to check connection, I receive a prompt to ensure that the phone cable is connected to the DSL port.

I find this strange as the DSL cable from the splitter connected to the Hub has been inserted into the DSL port on the back of the router.

This is the first time I have tried to setup a router, so I expect I might be missing something glaringly obvious to others. As things stand, I'm not sure if I've purchased the wrong type of router or if I have a dud DSL cable. 

I would be very grateful for any advice.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot setup Hub 4 with ASUS DSL AC68U router.

You can't use a DSL router on a cable connection.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You've bought a DSL router, this is for bt type broadband but is unsuitable for Virgin broadband 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both – I knew that it had to be something I had done! Good thing I kept that receipt. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos