Menu
helenaleonora
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot get Wi Fi today -tried to re set

The internet got disconnected in the night. I managed to find the issue and plug it back in but cannot get Wi Fi  back. I have tried resetting with the pen. I now also cannot get into my account although I can access my email, My phone line is back. 

Any ideas please? My husband is 82 and is getting upset as he used Wi Fi on his laptop and I just do not know what to do to get it back. I did get green ligths flashing so I hoped it was re setting but he still cannot get back on.  

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot get Wi Fi today -tried to re set

Can you connect the laptop with an Ethernet cable and see if that works?

It appears you may have some form of internet connection if you can get email.

If you have done a reset the WiFi SSID (network name) has probably changed - and reverted back to the default shown on the hub sticker.

Check if you can see a network name to connect to which matches what is shown on your hub and try connecting to that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
helenaleonora
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I tried the ethernet and it did not work on his computer.

My computer does work but he cannot into the internet on his so cannot get his emails. 

I do not know how to get to the controls so I can re input the network number and password  for wfi to reset. He is 82 and gets very annoyed when I try to help. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi helenaleonora,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums, sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your broadband connection on your Husband's computer.

Can you please confirm what colour lights are currently showing on the hub? If they are showing as white, can you please perform a factory reset on the hub. To do this you'll need to stick a pin into the pin hole at the back of the hub for at least 30 seconds. Once the factory reset has completed, you'll need to search your list of networks on the devices you want to connect, and look for the SSID of your hub - this will be on the stick on the bottom of the hub if you're unsure.

If you have a green base light, can you please check to see if there are any faults in your area showing here. I would check for you but I've been unable to find the account using your forum information.

Let me know the above and we can go from there 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos