Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect to 5G on laptop

I'm currently trying to determine if a problem I'm having is with the router or my laptop. About a week ago, I was disconnected from 5G when I waked my laptop from sleep. Since then, I've only been able to sometimes reconnect to 5G for a couple of seconds before it disconnects again. I tried running troubleshoot problems by right-clicking on the WiFi icon in Windows and it says something about a network cable being unplugged or broken. However all other devices in the house work fine on 5G. I had a look in Device Manager and my wireless card shows as working correctly. 2G works perfectly fine on my laptop. Can you please let me know if there are any additional things I can try to get 5G working again, as I'm trying to work out if the computer needs to go back for repair.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect to 5G on laptop

Hi David_36

Apologies for any frustration this has been causing. 

As it’s been a few days since your last post, I was hoping you could let me know how things are at the moment?

I have checked things again from our side and there is nothing obvious causing the issues you are experiencing.
What I would like to do is take a look into things a bit further by taking some details from you so I will drop you a PM asking for the information I would need. 

If everything is back to normal and you are experiencing no issues with your service, please ignore my PM and just pop back to us on here to let us know. If you are still having these issues then just reply to my PM by clicking on the purple envelope in your own time and we will take things from there.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos