Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect Virgin Media Connect app to my existing Hub 3.0

Cannot link the Virgin Media Connect app, broadband part, to my existing Hub 3.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot connect Virgin Media Connect app to my existing Hub 3.0

Uninstall the app and use the Hub GUI at 192.168.0.1

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I understand uninstall the app but you lost me at the hub gui and the numerical reference. You're dealing with a bit of a luddite here. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub GUI - Graphic User Interface - basically a window or web page.

192.168.0.1 is the IP Address of the Hub.

Write 192.168.0.1 into the URL bar (not the search bar) on your browser and press enter and it will take you to the Login Page of your Hub.

If it is your first time you will be asked to select your language and then change the password (you can select SKIP if you wish) then you will be in the Hub Settings area.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Nigelhbirkett and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you've managed to connect the Hub to the app since your post? 

If not, can we please confirm what device this is on?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily. All sorted for now. I used Mike Robinson's suggestion and got into my hub's settings page on my laptop which is hard wire connected to the hub. I changed the settings password as the screen prompted me to do. Then I reloaded the Virgin Media Connect app onto my phone. It recognised and accepted my sim and my Virgin Media sign in on the broadband section. It then accepted my new settings password via the connect via the existing hub 3.0 method. I have run wifi scans throughout my home and all seems fine for now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear that this has been fixed, if you need any further help please don't hesitate to get back in touch with the community 🙂 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos