cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Broadband section in VM Connect app

Melvil_Dewey
On our wavelength

I have installed the VM Connect app on my Android phone and I have found that I cannot use the Broadband icon at the bottom of the screen. When I press it I get the error message: "You have no access to home broadband. Your account isn't set up to use home broadband."

I selected log in with a VM account but I wasn't asked for any of my VM account details. I don't use a VPN or anything similar.

All of this leaves me totally confused Could you please tell me how to be allowed use of the Broadband section of the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Melvil_Dewey 

I'll send you a PM now to help.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

Check the link below returns

ISP : Virgin Media Limited
The IPv4 should be the Public IP of the Hub
The IPv6 should be : Not detected

https://whatismyipaddress.com/

The link gave the results that you mentioned; IPv4 gave an IP whilst IPv6 was not detected.

Client62
Legend

Then the issue is the VM back office does not reflect the details of your current Hub.

Thanks. How do you recommend that I proceed. Do I have to get in touch with this back office team and if so, how?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Melvil_Dewey 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems with the VM Connect app. For clarity, do you see your Broadband package when trying to sign in directly to My Virgin Media, here, using the same details you use when signing in to VM Connect?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Using the link in your message above I can sign in to My Virgin Media using my current email address and password. I can then see my Account Number and Area Ref. No other details of the account are on the page.

I think that it is the same ones that I used for registering with VM Connect, but over the past few days I have made so many failed attempts to get VM Connect to start working, and on different devices, that my memory is a bit hazy on the details.

One further point. Back in July, in a number of futile earlier attempts to get VM Connect to work, I ended up in desperation changing my My VM login details. At that time I finally just gave up and abandoned any further attempts to get VM Connect to work.

Hi @Melvil_Dewey 

I'll send you a PM now to help.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks, I'll have a look later and when I've found where PMs are.