Menu
Eivor_RC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Enable 2.4GHz Wi-Fi on Hub 4

All,

BLUF: I have logged into a new Hub 4 to switch on the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and it will not activate. 5GHz works fine and can be switched on and off. Several factory resets have been performed and different browsers used.

Detail

I received a new Hub 4 and it was activated on Friday 5th February. The 2.4GHz Wi-Fi was disabled in the settings with only the 5GHz active. I selected Enable and saved settings but the setting will not stick. As soon as I click off, log out or refresh, the 2.4GHz network is still disabled. 

I have tried using different web browsers, devices, factory resets, off and on again, walk through different settings, unplug coax. The 5GHz Wi-Fi works fine and can be disabled and enabled with these settings saving. I can no longer change Smart Wi-Fi settings too.

The software version is 01.02.065.21.EURO.PC20. I have several devices that only use 2.4GHz so solely using 5GHz isn't an option.

Ethernet works fine.

Any help is much appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Enable 2.4GHz Wi-Fi on Hub 4

Have you tried the 60 second pinhole reset and do NOT restart the Hub. It will restart by itself after a successful reset.
0 Kudos
Eivor_RC
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just tried it and no change.

I had heard of the 30 second reset but not a 60 second one!

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Might need a new hub if VM will give you one.

Or given how buggy the hub is and maybe the new firmware for the pods has something to do with this (just saying) you can put the hub in modem mode and get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Eivor_RC
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm happy to have a new one if its required. Over the air update/reinstall or similar is preferred though. 

0 Kudos