Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation

Hello, 

I’ve been trying for weeks to cancel my broadband contract. I work full time as a key worker and just haven’t had time to sit on hold for hours! Been trying to chat but nothing gets replied to! 

my contract ends the 24th November and I’m freaking out as I can’t afford the insane renewal costs they are asking for! 

I need help ASAP please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation

You need to call up to discuss renewals or cancellations or out your 30 days notice in writing as per your contract.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have 3 times and been cut off each time as they transferred me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Then send the letter. Or persist with the phone. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hey Benj44,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear you're looking to cancel your services due to the renewal price which was offered.

Sadly, we cannot assist with package changes or cancellations here from the forums, so for this you would need to try calling again on 0345 454 1111 or via our text service on 0753 305 1809. I do hope the team are able to offer a more suitable price upon your next contact and that you are able to stay with us in the end 🙂

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

What do you suggest for this poor person who's a key worker and isn't able to hold for hours on the customer service line or take their chances with the text service that often doesn't get answered?

Is there an official position on what other steps one can take? It surely can't be Virgin's position (per Garry in multiple threads) that people have to write a letter? That's absurd for a communications company.

Thanks

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It is quite easy, write a recorded delivery letter to

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,

Diamond Plaza,

Daleside Road,

Nottingham,

Nottinghamshire,

NG2 3GG

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No offense Mike, but I was hoping for a response from someone who actually works with Virgin.

I shall save the message though just in case I ever get confused about how to send a letter.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tilt,

Thanks for your response.

I can certainly appreciate your frustration, and I can only apologise that  you have been unsuccessful in getting through to us in regards to your cancellation request. Have you been able to speak with an agent via our text service at all since contacting them?

The best way to get in touch with us would be to call us at around 8am if you can, as this is when our helplines first open and so the queues won't be as long. I'm sorry that I'm not able to help much more from here.

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Tilt wrote:

Hi Beth,

What do you suggest for this poor person who's a key worker and isn't able to hold for hours on the customer service line or take their chances with the text service that often doesn't get answered?

Is there an official position on what other steps one can take? It surely can't be Virgin's position (per Garry in multiple threads) that people have to write a letter? That's absurd for a communications company.

Thanks

What defines a "Key Worker"?
I think that ship has long since sailed and can't be used as "special treatment" card anymore...

Writing a letter of cancellation is an option that is included in your contract/terms of use as a method of requesting an account cancellation and providing the required 30 days notice.

0 Kudos