cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Issues

rc7
Joining in

Virgin Media broadband must be a social experiment to test how much they can get away with.

We are moving hence wanted to cancel - been trying to call every day but in typical fashion we get transferred to some overseas centre and be put on hold for at least an hour each time, then they say they will transfer us to another department eg "moving department", "customer service department", "leaving department" I'm not sure they all even exist?? After almost a decade of using Virgin broadband I would have thought they'd at least have the decency to let us leave smoothly.

Extremely unhelpful that their live chat will just tell us to call them up, and there is no email contact available. Basically the whole thing is a loop that leads to nowhere.

We're left with no choice but to just stop paying as we were just on a monthly contract anyway. On behalf of the nation we genuinely hope you get done for and shut down. Although your esteemed overseas colleagues will probably just cross the road to the scam call centre anyway and start spamming my phone...

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best to cancel by letter using recorded delivery. You also need to give 30 days notice. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Alessandro Volta

100% agree, cancel by signed for letter, details are at this link :

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

rc7
Joining in

Thanks both - extremely disappointing (and laughable) at this day and age that we have to put the effort in to write a letter because of such dishonesty by one of the biggest companies on the land!

Incantations
On our wavelength

@rc7 wrote:

Thanks both - extremely disappointing (and laughable) at this day and age that we have to put the effort in to write a letter because of such dishonesty by one of the biggest companies on the land!

To be fair, it sounds less a case of blatant dishonesty and more corporate incompetence and appallingly bad management from the top downwards

Client62
Alessandro Volta

The difficulty of cancelling the service by telephone is VM's Standard Operating Procedure.
OFCOM have begin an investigation into the matter, this was covered in The Times and The Telegraph.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rc7 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I am deeply sorry to hear about the experience you have had when contacting us to move/cancel your services. I'm going to send you a private message, to gather some more information. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping the "Messages" tab after tapping your profile picture.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You can share your cancellation experience with OFCOM.

They launched an investigation into VM on 13 July 2023 specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Submitting information won't help your individual complaint but it will contribute to the OFCOM investigation and it sounds like your experience is directly relevant to the terms of reference of the investigation.