Menu
NZareen
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancel broadband - I have been trying to cancel the broadband which is in my husbands name

I had set up broadband for my husband and the direct debit was going out of my account. I set u the account and i have paid the bill for the last 3 years . Hes now  left and i am unable to cancel the broadband. So 2 months ago i cancelled the direct debit after unable to speak to anyone due to the account not being in my name . I again tried  to contact  Virgin again and finally managed to speak to someone but still told i am unable to cancel the account and there are 2 months of payments that need to be paid.  

I am concerned that my husband will be black listed due to Virgin media not letting me cancel the account and i refuse to pay £102.07 due to this being Virgins lack of effort in assisting me close the account. 

Very frustrated . 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel broadband - I have been trying to cancel the broadband which is in my husbands name

as you are not the account holder you cannot cancel the service.
my advice is speak to your husband and get him to cancel and pay any outstanding fees.

you cancelling the DB will result in debts running up though, so the quicker you get him to deal with it the better.
virgin can't assist you in close the account as you are not the account holder.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel broadband - I have been trying to cancel the broadband which is in my husbands name

You might get a quicker response if you post in the "billing forum"
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/bd-p/ManageAccountCable

Someone will certainly be "blacklisted" if the bill is not paid as I assume you have still been receiving the services. If the account is in your husbands name - then he is the only person who can close the account (unless there are unusual circumstances - death?) otherwise anybody could close anybody elses account !  Can you not advise him to do so asap to avoid the inevitable ? I presume it will be he who will get the hit on on his "credit rating" and VM will certainly transfer the issue to debt collectors.
Was the DD coming from your or his or a joint account ? That might have a bearing also.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

as above you cannot [in normal circumstances] cancel but i think VM staff may be able to help - lets ask

@ModTeam - can someone have a look please

Tony
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If accounts could be cancelled by anyone, it would be chaos. Not just with Virgin Media but with any business providing a service.

You have been caught up in this for no fault of your own, and I am very sorry for you. But cancelling a debit is never the way out. You will have to get the account holder to cancel it. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello NZareen,

I am sorry to hear this, are you able to pass security on the account?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos