Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Cancel Contract

I have been trying for days to cancel my contract and noone will answer the phone

I have used the text service, emailed, complained and spent hours on the phone and noone will speak to me or cancel my service.

It's getting ridiculous and disgusting how VM is treating people during such an awful time.

Can anyone help me please - I am at my wits end. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel Contract

Hi naomibrown94,

There isn't a customer facing email address to cancel.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You can call, use the SMS service or send a letter as per the terms of your contract.

There is no email contact, which is likely why you've received no acknowledgement or response.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have tried ringing and the text message service.

No response! This advice is useless to me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

That's the process.
Or send the letter as advised above.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Well you can't call as noone answers the phone.

I am not writing to V.M they will claim they "never received it" or god knows when it will actually get cancelled.

They are quite happily robbing people of their money. 

Advice useless

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Not at all.

The advice given is concise and correct.

Whether you wish to take heed to it or not is down to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Naomi,

It really is a spectacular failure. Ignore the usual Virgin apologists on here who claim "loads of people" have no problems getting through.

Clearly there are major problems with their customer service. Lots of people on social media are talking about holding for several hours multiple times a week. The text message service doesn't work for a great deal of people. At this point there's not much you can do. For once Gary is correct and "that's the process".

Your best bet is to file a complaint so that you at least have logged the fault. Details are here:
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-of-practice

Good luck.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have already explained the I have tried calling and texting and they don't answer and that I am not wanting to post as VM will not confirm it.

I do not trust the company.

You are telling me things I already know as explained in the query. 

Hence why advice is useless. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

It's just awful that they take peoples money and are getting away with it

0 Kudos