Menu
jameswyper
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't upgrade to Hub 3 online

Hi

I've got 1st generation Super Hub and when I checked some info about it online I was told that I should be eligible to upgrade to a Hub 3.  However I can't do this online - I'm getting the message that many others have reported here about "sorry you are unable to change your package online".  I'm taking the advice that I've seen on other posts - to wait for one of the helpful forum team to get in touch.  Thanks in advance!

James

0 Kudos
Sid70
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't upgrade to Hub 3 online

Hello James. I'm not an expert so please accept my apologies if this is incorrect. If your hub is working without fault I wouldn't 'upgrade'. I was advised by JBrennand, one of the experts, to stick with my Superhub 2. I have extended my wifi coverage by purchasing a third party router and everything is working well. I've noticed on these forums that people have a lot of problems with Superhub 3 and even 4.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

James

Sid70's advice is good, but I would still recommend you get the upgrade as the Hub3 uses 24 Downstream Channels rather than the 8 of the Superhubs and, unlike the SH1, it also broadcasts the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies - simultaneously.

It works just fine for most customers, but if it doesnt, you can still put it into modem mode and use your own router as Sid70 suggests.

its worth calling in (do it 08.00 - follow options 1,1,4,4 ) because as you are likely to be on an old legacy package they are likely to offer you a new deal with more features in lieu of starting a new 18 month contract. That might be better and at an attractive price to you. If not you can always just say no thanks and end the call and report back here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jameswyper
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I changed my package back in May to "Bigger Bundle" (M100 / Maxit TV / Talk more anytime) so I don't think it's legacy?  But happy to hear different views on that.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call in and ask

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos