Menu
dadslad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't see my home network after android update

I've been away and using mobile data, a few days ago, an android update was done on my phone. Now I have returned home, my home wi-fi network does not show on the list of available networks on either mine or my wife's phones (we both did the update).

The hub has been recycled and the phone turned off and on. My other devices (laptop, tablet etc.) can still see and connect to the the network, just not my phone.

Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't see my home network after android update

Hiya Dadslad,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Android's WIFI connection looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you 🙂

Thank you for already trying a reboot of your device and your Hub. 

What I'd like to try first is manually entering the SSID into your phone's WIFI networks, to do that go to Settings > Connections > WIFI > scroll down and choose "Add Network" and enter your Hub's network name which is located on the back/bottom of the Hub, click save. 

Once this is showing on your phone's WIFI networks, please try to connect again and pop the password in like you would normally. 

If this still doesn't resolve the issue, I would recommend doing a Factory Reset on your Hub which will take the device back to default settings and see if the SSID shows on your phone's WIFI options.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
dadslad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Megan_L, the factory reset appears to have done the job.

Regards

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dadslad

Thanks for coming back to us and I am glad this has been sorted 🙂

Do pop back if you ever need us.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos