cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play Spotify from any device through my hifi via WiFi

Study01
Joining in

I have always played Spotify through my Marantz hifi from the app either on a laptop, iPad or mobile phone. Si CE moving to Virgin this is no longer working. I thought it must be due to an app update on Spotify but it definitely is not that causing the problem. I have taken my hifi to someone else place who uses BT and have proved that I can still connect as I used to via WiFi from my Spotify phone app.

I am unable to sign into the router (it won't accept the password stated on the router (hub3) and no I am not trying to use the WiFi password!

Any help would be really appreciated.

I can see the hifi listed as available , along with a Humax under the Tv box but it won't play through the hifi. 

Thanks in anticipation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try a pinhole reset of the Hub and set up from scratch again.  At least the Hub settings password should then be restored.

With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

How does the laptop / iPad / mobile connect to the Marantz ?   Is via Bluetooth or via Wi-Fi / LAN.

If via Wi-Fi / LAN, can the laptop etc reach the Marantz, i.e. can they ping the Marantz & get a reply from it ?

I'm trying to connect to the Marantz via WiFi. Previously it would wake the Marantz from standby and begin playback h(having selected the Marantz from the list of available devices). 

The Marantz is connected to the network and as I say, trying this on someone else's network works as it should, just not on the virgin media network I have at home. 

I don't know how to ping the Marantz I'm afraid. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try a pinhole reset of the Hub and set up from scratch again.  At least the Hub settings password should then be restored.

With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Unfortunately I tried that this morning to no avail.

I will try it again later as the instructions I was using differed slightly from those you have provided. I will update on here after following yours. 

Pleased to report that the further reboot has worked following your instructions.

Many thanks 👍🏻