Menu
Lumiachris
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't order a WiFi booster

Hi, I have gone through the process of superlative the app scanning all rooms and eventually being told I can order a WiFi booster then when I click the option to do it I am told they can't complete this order for me... 

I am on a 100mb plan and although not a new customer I have just moved and therefore have a fresh account

Any assistance would be great

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't order a WiFi booster

Boosters have been discontinued and replaced with Wifi Pods - based on a handful of other people on these forums, there are some stock issues with the pods at the moment, but either way - you (currently at least) need to call in to order one.

There's a £5 per month charge for them unless you're on the gig service or an ultimate oomph package - it's not great value, and you'd probably be better off investing in some better quality networking equipment of your own.. 

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Boosters aren’t offered anymore.

They've been replaced by mesh “pods” that are only free on Gig1 or Ultimate Oomph bundles.

Otherwise they cost £5 per month rental which isn’t worth it when you can just purchase your own equipment 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Lumiachris
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Excellent thanks for the advice

0 Kudos