Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can’t get connection

24/8 engineer calls to connect our broadband he finds that the cable has been cut in the street,he can’t do it (it’s a 2 man job) ,2/9th 3 engineers turn up they can’t do it (they don’t do holes? ) ,it is now the 8/9th and I’m still waiting and have not received any contact from anyone at Virgin disgusting customer service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t get connection

Are you calling the pre-installation and delivery team - they may have more info – on.. 0800 052 1734

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take a bit longer

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t get connection

Hi there @Billmeds

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that there has been some issues with your cabling and it needs replacing. I have managed to locate your account and can see that the repull (cable replacement) has been booked on the account. 

I can also see that you have managed to book a standard fault visit via your online account however, this would not usually be required. 

You should be able to check the dates and times of both appointments via your online account

If you have any issues once the repull has been completed, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and we can take a further look for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still no broadband

Just to let you all know for those who are familiar with my broadband connection problem,I waited patiently today for the 4th Lot of engineers to come and connect me to broadband,guess what they never turned up !! . I received an apology through an email and a new appointment if required ( if required?  ) I have also been given a £25 compensation to go off my next bill which is fine but there’s no mention of me being charged for August when I didn’t have any broadband,looks like the beginning of another saga? .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Still no broadband

@Billmeds Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Billmeds,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear your re-pull still hasn't been completed, have we advised what the delay is ?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul thank you for your reply ,no unfortunately they just said the problem is outside and advised booking an engineer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, Billmeds. Very sorry to hear this was not done. I have contacted the area field manager to see about getting an update on it's progress.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey I apologise for the misunderstanding in my post I did get connected eventually after 4 weeks of trying but my post was concerning being billed for August when I was not connected,once again apologies for misleading you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ah OK, thanks for clarifying, Billmeds. I'll send you a PM to get your account details,

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos