Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can’t find WiFi on some devices

My laptop (windows8.1) and my kindle have stopped finding my WiFi. This has happened very recently. I have tried ‘forget network’ on laptop and start again but still can’t find it. Both laptop and kindle have been connecting to this WiFi for years! They can both find other networks (presumably neighbours). Have tried the usual, switching off and on, rebooting etc. Laptop will work if hardwired to hub. I’m not very techy! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can’t find WiFi on some devices

Do other devices see the Wi-Fi?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry should have said. Yes they do. It appears to be our older devices that don’t find it
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Make sure the 2.4Ghz band is set to b/g/n on the Wi-Fi admin page and disable “Smart” Wi-Fi. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for taking the time to help. It appears that I had to reset the hub to factory settings, you do this by sticking a pin in the back of the hub! I have no idea why that would suddenly happen but all sorted.

0 Kudos