cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't contact virgin

MattBridges997
Tuning in

Hi,

I moved into a new home but pay for bills under UniHomes and they won't reply; the internet will connect but won't provide internet. Because we can't retrieve our account number from UniHomes we have no internet. Can anyone suggest a way to call virgin without getting stuck at the automated 'enter your virgin account' message??

Tia

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Isnt this something that the bill payer/account holder i.e. - "Unihomes" - should be sorting out for you?

A VM person will respond in a day or two but not sure what they can do

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes it "should", but like I said they cannot be reached for uncertain reasons, likely understaffed, as when I call I am on hold for at least 30.mins.

As you will have found when you phoned, Virginmedia have a firm policy that they will only talk to the account holder.

Are you provided with a wall connection to the internet, or a Hub device, or just WiFi coverage?  There may be something you can add to improve things. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

It's a WiFi router.

To be fair, and annoying as it might seem, VM legally cannot deal directly with you, their contact is with UniHomes and they are the only people they can talk to.

You, personally, have no contract with or relationship with VM, your relationship is via Unihomes - now if they are not being responsive, then maybe it's time to kick off and 'lawyer up' as some of my American colleague like to say!

hammic
Up to speed

This page has the answers that you appear to be looking for:-
https://help.unihomes.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/60000714440-how-do-i-contact-technical-suppor...

If you’re having issues with your Virgin Media connection, rest assured that you have access to the Virgin Media Business support team, who will be able to help you with any issues regarding your connection. You can call the Virgin Media Business helpline by calling 0330 8220266 and selecting the option for "Virgin Technical Support". You will just need the company name which is ‘UniHomes and Bills Ltd’, your property postcode and the MAC Address which you'll find on a label on your router. 

Failing that, contact UniHomes for further advice using the information found at this link:-
https://www.unihomes.co.uk/contact

Appreciated!