Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can’t contact Virgin and WiFi doesn’t work

I’ve been trying to contact Virgin for the past two months. The WiFi only reaches two rooms in our house because of where the port is in the kitchen. I’ve ordered an extender cable from Amazon but the cable causes the WiFi to cut out because it doesn’t sit in the back of the box properly. 

I’ve rang Virgin multiple times, emailed and made a complaint without any response. Does anyone know what I can do? We’re in an 8 bedroom house with 3 extenders which can’t even connect to the box so there is no WiFi. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t contact Virgin and WiFi doesn’t work

@Maddy123 wrote:

I’ve been trying to contact Virgin for the past two months. The WiFi only reaches two rooms in our house because of where the port is in the kitchen. I’ve ordered an extender cable from Amazon but the cable causes the WiFi to cut out because it doesn’t sit in the back of the box properly. 

I’ve rang Virgin multiple times, emailed and made a complaint without any response. Does anyone know what I can do? We’re in an 8 bedroom house with 3 extenders which can’t even connect to the box so there is no WiFi. 

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

You can't use your own cabling between the wall socket and HUB as it can affect both your and other VM users' connection!

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This was our only option considering we had no response from anyone. Regardless, the problem is the fact that the WiFi doesn’t work in our house and I can’t get hold of Virgin so I am asking for tips on either how to extend the WiFi or to get hold of Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Maddy123 wrote:

This was our only option considering we had no response from anyone. Regardless, the problem is the fact that the WiFi doesn’t work in our house and I can’t get hold of Virgin so I am asking for tips on either how to extend the WiFi or to get hold of Virgin. 

Ok, I would suggest, unless you have already, to use the existing cabling between the HUB and wall socket. You are breaking the terms and conditions of your contract with VM.

If the WiFi doesn't reach some areas of your home, and extenders don't work (Unsure why they wouldn't?) you may need to invest in a mesh system and put the HUB into modem mode. VM do not guarantee WiFi. You can't really as everyone's home is different!

Something like one of these would be suitable:

https://www.ebuyer.com/877113-tp-link-ac1200-deco-whole-home-mesh-wi-fi-system-2-pack-deco-m4-2-pack... 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deco-M4-Seamless-Coverage-Replacement/dp/B07NH1J543 

They piggyback the WiFi off each other so can be placed in the home in the relevant areas to get good signal everywhere:

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/deco/deco-m4/ 

0 Kudos