cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Zoom via Virgin

spoonieAB3
Tuning in

This morning I've woken up and I can't log onto Zoom on any of my devices (Macbook, ipad or iphone). It's worked for years but today it just won't connect. When I come off wifi, my phone (on EE) connects fine and the same when I use my phone as a hotspot to connect via my macbook, but on wifi it won't connect and won't even load the zoom website. It all worked fine last night before I went to bed. Is this likely to be connected to the broader issues I'm reading about or something local to me? Any ideas welcome!

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Major outage on the entire network overnight. It’s slowly coming back now.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Broadband-services-for-Virgin-Media-custome...

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

lotharmat
Community elder
Possibly - if the wider issues are a routing problem - it will likely affect this.

Do you ever use a VPN? I've heard reports of people managing to get round the issues of today using that!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I don't use a VPN but I might well consider it if it helps overcome this! I'll give it a look. Any recommendations?

Colchester area & Zoom has re-connected.

Looks like it's back upand running again now - thanks all!