cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to London Underground WiFi

petenice
Up to speed

I've been connecting to Virgin Media's London Underground WiFi as a Vodafone customer for a few years. It seems that Vodafone are no longer supporting this. I can now login using my Virgin Media login details but it gives me an error each time I try and I end up in a perpetual loop. 

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Screenshot_20210614-095527.png

86 REPLIES 86

Hi Petenice,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue with the underground WIFI, I understand Paul has been working on this with you and he has investigated this with the relevant teams who have concluded that the previous login system with Vodafone will no longer work. 

The new and correct way to login to the WIFI would be to use the Connect App 🙂

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan - The Connect App doesn't work with Android 11 which is why we were trying the other method.

The login portal no longer works, you've had known issues for 8 months with Android 11 and the Connect App, and you've got potential fix coming at the end of August.

It's just not good enough.

Hi Petenice,

Thanks for coming back to me, I am sorry about this. 

I can see Paul has indeed let the team know about this issue and they are working on a fix. 

I am sorry that we do not have an instant fix at this time, however we do thank you for your continued patience. 

Kind regards, 

Megan_L

Hi petenice,

Thank you for coming back to us, sorry to hear you are still facing the same problem when on the underground and that you haven't been able to us the Connect App due to being on android 11 for which we are aware there is a issue.

I have reached out to the team for any updates or know work arounds and will update you once they come back. I have noticed you also have another post in regards to your home internet and that you are experiencing drops in connection, I will also look into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Petenice,

We've been advised an update has been made to the portal which will allow you to connect to an open 'Virgin Media WiFi' network. Please can you have a go at connecting to that next time you visit and let us know if that resolves the issue for you?

Kind regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I've checked this morning and I can now connect using the portal login so thanks for getting a resolution to this issue.

I am concerned though that this took a two month battle here to reach a resolution considering that the portal fix was probably a quick change to make.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @petenice,

Thank you for coming back to us. I completely understand your frustration with how long it took to resolve this problem.

I'm glad to hear that you're now able to connect to the Underground WiFi on your Android phone.

Please keep us updated on how you're getting on, and if we can help with anything else.

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs