cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to London Underground WiFi

petenice
Up to speed

I've been connecting to Virgin Media's London Underground WiFi as a Vodafone customer for a few years. It seems that Vodafone are no longer supporting this. I can now login using my Virgin Media login details but it gives me an error each time I try and I end up in a perpetual loop. 

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Screenshot_20210614-095527.png

86 REPLIES 86

You might want to give your customers the correct information then. I used the LU wifi pre pandemic as a Vodafone user and used the portal to login for years.  This issue came to light to me once Vodafone had been removed and I travelled into London again for the first time 4 weeks ago and tried to use my VM broadband details.

The connect app is a fairly new addition so unless you were aware of it how would I, or anyone else using LU wifi for the first time, have any knowledge about using this to connect to LU wifi?

None of your literature says to use the Connect app to connect to LU wifi.

Hi V,

This has been fed back to our knowledge teams who will get this update, I am sorry for the incorrect information, if you can try the connect app next time and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Paul.

Have you tried connecting to the secure SSID "Virgin Media" using instructions provided by other users on the forum? This will not need the connect app to work.

1. Choose the WiFi network "Virgin Media" (that's the secure SSID with a lock symbol, not the public WiFi portal)
  2. Ensure "EAP method" = TTLS and "Phase 2 authentication" = MSCHAPV2
  3. Username is your VM account email, "vmedwifi/*YOUREMAIL*" eg. vmedwifi/myemail@virginmedia.com
  4. Password is your VM account password

For more details see the other thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Virgin-media-connect-app-Can-t-enable-wifi-...

I hadn't seen this, thank you and I'll give it a try 🙂 So if my email address on my VM broadband account were something like firstname.1234@gmail.com I would just use the first part of the email address in the login instructions?

Yeah I tried this method to connect to a VM hotspot near my house. The problem is - the fields don't correlate to the method shown.

This requires a domain to even connect - what info are we adding here? Then you have Identity & Anonymous Identity.

wifi.png

Use the full email address with vmedwifi/ at the beginning, for example vmedwifi/myemail@virginmedia.com

The username/identity should be the same as the username used to sign in to My Virgin Media.

Each Android device name this slightly different.

Make sure EAP method is set to TTLS

I guess Identity is the same as Username e.g. your full email address used for My VM account.

Don't know what anonymous identity is, it's optional field so just leave it blank I guess.

If you look at my screen grab that's what it's set to. But you need an entry for the domain field.

hmmmm..... My phone doesn't have this domain field.

I guess try putting vmedwifi in domain ?

For me I just put the whole thing vmedwifi/myemail@xmail.com in Identity.

Perhaps that need to be split up in your settings screen

domain =  vmedwifi

identity = [your username such as myemail@xmail.com]

Just back at the hotspot - have tried all permutations and nothing works