cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access betting app

tillyandmo
Dialled in

For some reason I cannot get on my betting app over mobile data or if using different wifi for example my parents.

it works fine at home with my wifi on but as soon as I leave the house it stops working and says I'm in another country can anyone help.

I have switched of the parental settings and it has made no difference.

45 REPLIES 45

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

So it fails on other WiFi as well, not just on the mobile connection?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are you certain it was connected on the other WiFi and not still using the mobile connection?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes it automatically connects to there home WiFi but it still wouldn't open the app I turned my data of just to make sure

Yes it will only work on my home wifi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Sorry I wasnt clear.... when you get the different country message, if you then immediately check the IP address is it then showing the same correct location. I assume it is?

Perhaps try another DNS server if you can change it in your settings.... try the Cloudflare or Google ones.. at 1.1.1.1 & 8.8.8.8 respectively. Dunno if it will sort it but worth a shot.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Its showing me as Newport in Wales(I'm not in wales) when I just did this via my data.

My wifi ip is correct that shows manchester 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I could understand if your mobile network had a childsafe setting. Has it?

But the other WiFi would have to have a similar setting too. Have you tried others? 

- jpeg1

No, I don't normally use my betting app when I'm out and about but wanted to put a quick bet on yesterday while at my sisters and I kept getting that message so I turned of her WiFi restarted my phone and it did the same, then the same again on data, I have tried allsorts, turned of parental settings etc but I didn't do an ip check at her house

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Forgetting the WiFi for the moment, check your mobile account on line and see if there is a child safety setting. Also try logging onto a different betting site. 

- jpeg1

Screenshot_20220409-190727_William Hill.jpg

 just downloaded william Hill and opened it using data and this is what I got