Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Can someone give me the simplest step by step in how to use the AC link 1350 with the hub?

When I plug in the ethernet directly from the link to the hub, it doesn't turn on. I genuinly don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can someone give me the simplest step by step in how to use the AC link 1350 with the hub?

More details needed.

That model number doesn’t relate to anything. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can someone give me the simplest step by step in how to use the AC link 1350 with the hub?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It’s an access point.

So you’ll need an Ethernet cable and one end goes into the AP and the other end into the Virgin Hub. 

You'll also need to use the POE adaptor to power the AP via the Ethernet cable.

Then you’ll have to either use the web portal or the Omada app to configure the AP. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

As Gary says - the VM Hub's do not provide Power Over Ethernet - so you will need an adapter to do that - or use your own router that does.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The thing is, I'm completely lost. The device only has ONE input source, and thats the ethernet cable. I.e. if i were to plug the adapter in the socket and then draw an ethernet cable from socket to device, there would be no way of connecting the device to the Hub (as the ethernet cable slot is being used to power it in the first place). There is however 2 inputs in the PoE adapter (one titled LAN and the other WPN). Are you implying that I need 2 ethernet cables (one from PoE to AP, and the other from PoE to hub?)

I've tried ethernet from hub to device, but that doesn't work, and it clearly needs a power source. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Power Over Ethernet - VM Hubs dont do it.

Or return that one and get one that just plugs in by a mains socket

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

How do I go about making the adapter do that?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@Saiefquayum wrote:
How do I go about making the adapter do that?

It should come with a passive POE adaptor in the box 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

just make sure you buy one with the injector. We buy loads without as he have POE switches. you can get them with or without 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos