cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i turn the wifi box off

nathan199559
Joining in

Hi guys, a quick question, can I turn my WiFi box off everyone I go out , if so will it cause any connection issues in the log run by turning it off and on all the time?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Why?

You can do that - but the Hub has been designed to be left on 24/7 with no issues. A lot of VM updates/firmware changes are pushed out overnight and so are all installed and settled at that time - rather in the first 15' of so after switching on in the morning - if you are in a hurry to get connected it might be an issue. Also, you will lose connectivity to devices that might need a permanent connection - cameras, doorbells, TV recorders, etc.

Conventional wisdom also says that the point turning on/off any electronic equipment is always the operation likely to cause a problem with it - but the chances of any problems occurring are still very low.

So you need to make the call.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Why?

You can do that - but the Hub has been designed to be left on 24/7 with no issues. A lot of VM updates/firmware changes are pushed out overnight and so are all installed and settled at that time - rather in the first 15' of so after switching on in the morning - if you are in a hurry to get connected it might be an issue. Also, you will lose connectivity to devices that might need a permanent connection - cameras, doorbells, TV recorders, etc.

Conventional wisdom also says that the point turning on/off any electronic equipment is always the operation likely to cause a problem with it - but the chances of any problems occurring are still very low.

So you need to make the call.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks appreciate it