cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Virgin change my local IP range?

soxer123
On our wavelength

I am currently working from home using VPN to access my work server.

I went live with Virgin on Wednesday and can no longer access the server.

Fortunately my old BT connection is still live and I can via that.

Our IT support have said that there is a conflict with our IP range which needs changing to something like 192.168.1.0

Is this something Virgin can do please, as when my BT connection is disconnected I will be in trouble.

Keith

16 REPLIES 16

Z92
Trouble shooter

Virgin can't do that you have to do that yourself . Ask your it staff how to do it. 

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

You can change your DHCP range yourself in the hubs admin page. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

With the hub in router mode the IP address 192.168.1.0 is reserved for the hub and cannot be used for any other device, if you go too http://192.168.0.1 and login with the details from the base of the hub

65989659-E513-4FE8-87CC-EADF09CFFD96.png

Then in the left hand side goto Advanced - DHCP and there you can change the last figures of the "Starting local Address" and once done click on Apply changes.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, I will look at this and see if it resolves the issue. I will report back.

Keith

My tech people are telling me that I now need change the IP address of my Virgin hub.

They can't remote on and do it for me, because it's domestic and mine, not the business I work for.

I researched and only found an old thread from 2018 where it said you couldn't. 

I'd appreciate guidance as I'd really like to get things moving with my work connection

Keith

the WAN IP address cannot be changed, by you or by Virgin.
i'm intrigued as to why they think it needs changed at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid that the IP address of the hub cannot be changed, I don't know why they are telling you this as it isn't relevant as all they will see on their side is the WAN (External IP Address).

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

soxer123
On our wavelength

Me too, 

I changed the DCHP settings as guided by you on Friday and found that today I could access the server, but using the VPN it was slowing my connection down.

I asked is they could amend this as I had a similar situation with my BT connection.

It was doing that which brought this morning's situation.

I am a little out of my depth on this one.

Keith

Leave this with me, I will try to get clarification from them.

Keith