Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I use NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 to replace Hub3

Hi guys. There are always connection problems with my Hub 3. Can I replace it with NETGEAR Nighthawk X6?Still need to set up like user name, password or DNS things?

I can't get access to some cellphone apps in wifi mode but in data mode they are OK. Why should this happen. Is this the problem of my phone, router or VM?

Thanks a lot:)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I use NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 to replace Hub3

Hello

You cannot replace VM equipment what you will need to do is too run the hub 3 in modem only mode and connect the Nighthawk to the nearest Ethernet port to the power.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode see this post for instructions how to place hub into modem mode.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

they putting our hub into modem mode. just follow the instructions on our website or try a couple of youtube tutorials.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I recently got a Asus AC86U for £143 from Amazon. Its  AC2900 with MU MIMO. Had good reviews about range vs price ratio.

Set the Hub3 in modem mode and this AC86U range is impressive. The router has so many others functions that I will never use but with 3 years warranty its impressive kit.