Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can I get a new router

Been with VM for about 10 years (broadbands only) We still have the Superhub 2 which is now rarely creating any connection. Broadband/Wi-Fi constantly dropping out. Unable to get through to anyone on the phone, tried for over 6 months. Could someone please advise if we can have a new router sent as we’re paying £54.50 a month for a service not provided as advertised

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I get a new router

You are entitled to a free upgrade - but if your problem lays elsewhere it wont help.

Try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance before calling.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, just tried the link and got error message ‘oops, something went wrong. We’re unable to change your package online’ Back to square one as cannot get through on phone. Maybe easier to cancel and go elsewhere as we’re paying over the odds for a non existent service

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you can go to a hub3 but dont assume that will solve your problems - you say wifi is dropping - do you have wired connections - if so what do they do - the wifi on the hub3 is no better some say worse - bad wifi can be many other things than the hub

start with some info

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Paula - please do as Tony suggests.

Are you really saying that you have been trying to get through to report a fault for over 6 months?

What number are you calling at what times and how long are you waiting for the pick up?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos