cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 1 device slow down internet for the rest connected

alan_uk
On our wavelength

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone can help. My dad uses an android box called "Evpad" to watch asian drama's, movies and whenever he's using it 8/10 it will somehow slow down my entire internet connection elsewhere. Gaming will lag with over 500 ping, web pages and Youtube will struggle to load properly. 

My current package is M250 Fibre broadband and I use a TP-Link Archer AX50 router.

Anyone have any suggestion how I can fix this as its really annoying.

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You can enable QoS which my help start with download limit 115Mb and upload 19Mb and see if that help first.

Its likely downloading the full video in one go instead of bit by bit which is so what better

---------------------------------------------------------------

alan_uk
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately my current router doesn't have that function to set an individual device 😟.

Client62
Legend

To cause a latency of 500ms ( which is half a second ) usually requires a flood of network traffic.

Could the Evpad have an unexpected software or malware that is doing a lot more that you imagine or intend ?

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Try a factory reset of the Evpad (this may lose any recordings etc). Simultaneously press and hold down the "Home" and "Power" keys for up to 10 seconds. After then, release the buttons, and keep holding down the "Power" button until the screen appears. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here