Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Calls claiming to be from Virgin Media

I get several of these a day and it's getting really annoying. They claim to be from Virgin Media but I can't find a number or online chat link anywhere on the website to ring Virgin back to see if these are genuine.

They all show up with random UK area codes and all follow the same script, saying that they're ringing me because of slow performance of my service. They then ask how many devices I have connected to my router. When I ask them for proof that they are from Virgin, they say they'll give me proof, but then go back to their script. One gave me a long number and said that was my reference number and "proof".

Has anyone else had these calls and ARE they genuine? When I tell them I've had 20 of these calls already, most of them hang up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Calls claiming to be from Virgin Media

Hello

This is a quite common scam, if it was virginmedia they would ask you Are you the account holder and then 3 characters from your security password.

The random numbers are due to the fact that the scammers are spoofing a genuine phone number.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. I suspected it was, but I thought I'd double-check as our connection has been a bit spotty at times. I shall continue to be suspicious. 😁

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting this as well, it's a real problem because I need my phone, I can't just ignore it. Anyone know anything to do to stop it?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Block the number on your phone 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Always the best way to be with unsolicited phone calls, when I get them I tend to lead them on, but never give them access to my system been in IT too long to fall for it. I could never post here of exactly what I think of them just saying that it would be full of bad language..

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos