Menu
abnaphi
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cable too long?

When we got Virgin Media three engineers had to come to the house to try and work out why it wasn't working when everything seemed to be installed already. Eventually it was found that from the outdoor box the cable was going up the wall, into the roof, and down another wall to the wall socket, through multiple splitters. They took the splitters out which made a difference, but warned me that there was a chance the cable might still be too long and there would still be issues. I'm getting mini drop-outs of a few seconds every day, and occasionally it drops out completely for a while, so I think this is down to the cable length. Is it possible to change where the cable is in the house/where it comes through to a socket so it doesn't have to travel three sides of a square?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable too long?

VM will reposition your cabling at a cost of £99. they may not do it until this lockdown is over though as they are prioritising visits to "urgent only" at the moment.

You will have to call in to book it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos