Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable relocation

I'm an ex virgin media customer but my neighbour still is. The cabling for both properties comes through my front garden. I'm going to have extensive landscaping work to my garden and in order for my neighbour to have no disruption to her service the cable will need relocating. Can you please advise regarding this matter?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable relocation

As an account holder, your neighbour will need to call in and explain the situation and see what they advise. They usually have a £99 non-fault call out charge - but ought to waive that in this instance.

Alternatively, a VM person on here should pick this up in a day or two and give more advice if needed via a personal message.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John. Hopefully the latter as my neighbour isn't  the most helpful person.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

have you spoken to the neighbour about it and advised they might lose service if nothing is done?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You might get help from a VM person here in a day or two.

See this thread with a similar issue...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/Move-cable-from-property/td-p/4398103

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos