Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cable or wifi intermittent outages

My internet stops intermittently and this has been going on for months. It may be a coincidence but the connection seems to drop when buses pass by. My house is next to a bus stop so is it possible that the bus is weighing down on the cable infrastructure? Or could it be that the bus real time information system is interfering with the WIFI signals? I am on M200 with a Super Hub 2 and rebooted the hub numerous times. Any advice to fix this poor situation would be welcomed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable or wifi intermittent outages

Download and install a copy of inSSIDer by Meta Geek, this will show what Wi-Fi Channels that can be seen by your Hub, keep it on and see if another Wi-Fi broadcast appears at the same time as the bus and whether it overlaps with your Hub channels.

My Hub 3 Wi-Fi gets drowned out by the LA / Police CCTV camera (when it is active) on the lamppost next to my house.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos