cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable damaged

RT234
Joining in

My wifi, phone etc are all down. I can see the cable is broken outside the house. I have an engineer booked through the automated service but do I need a special engineer I got no choice. Does anyone know how long it takes to fix it? I am working from home so I can't work until its fixed..

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No - the engineer that's been booked should be sufficient. Do you have any photos of the damage you could post, it might give an idea?

Without seeing the photos it's hard to be sure - but the chances are the tech will do a temporary repair to get your broadband & TV services back online, even if a permament repair takes longer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thats very reassuring thank you..photo attached

Screenshot_20210705-232338_WhatsApp.jpg

lotharmat
Community elder
When is the engineer booked? You may need to fall back to your work-supplied 4g dongle until then!

(If Working from home; work should provide a backup for internet access as there is no SLA for residential service!)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Maybe this is a stupid question but its raining and the cable is clearly broken. The engineer is due tomorrow evening.

I am a bit worried about the rain. I have covered it with a box but could I disable anything to make it safe?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RT234,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to see that you're experiencing some connection issues at home.

I can see that there is some damage on the external box, and I'm glad to hear that you were able to book a technician appointment online. 

I'm having some trouble locating your account on our system to check how your appointment went. Can you keep us updated on this?

Was the technician able to fix the issue, or do you need more support? Please let me know, as we're more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs