Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Street - Update

BB632D05-3EB2-4B54-BDAA-547F63D7C35F.png

Hi All,

This is sort of my last ditch attempt, I messaged all the forum team directly and now my responses have gone ignored. I was told someone was looking into this a month ago and heard nothing back.

Hopefully you see this and are able to help and chase it up.

In a summary, I saw your replies to a thread about cabling streets and we wanted to get ours done too!

We have a similar situation and hoped you could help, we're based in Moseley Birmingham. 58 properties on our estate (mix of privately owned apartments and houses) council own the road.

Virgin Media haven't cabled our estate only the outer edges and all surrounding roads

We were a new build estate 15 years and are not able to get any fibre.

BT quoted £10,000 to just cable Twickenham Drive area and not the rest. (Top Blue). However Virgin seem to be the better option as they have cabled so close to us already.

Would someone on the team be able to follow this up with the contact they had? The council own the road and there wouldn’t be any issues with digging it up to cable it.

I spoke with Zac and Martin_N , both have gone quiet but are replying to other threads 😃

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Street - Update

You shouldn’t message a forum rep unless asked to.

Virgin need to weigh up the pro’s and con’s of putting down cables, namely costs involved and getting permissions and way leaves from the council and landowners (which cost in excess of £10,000 alone per way leave request). 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback. I should have noted. Two of them messaged me first directly after I commented on another post 😊

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I should add, even after this post I never did hear back from the moderators. This really shows to me Virgin Media really don’t care about any new customers 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MoseleyForum,

Sorry you're still waiting for an update on this. I can see that my colleague Martin replied back to you via Private Message after he passed the details on. Are you able to reply back to the Private Message in case there is an update? Please note that due to the current restrictions we're all experiencing, it may take a little more time for our Field Projects Team look into it as it involves a lot of planning and visits to the area.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos