Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Cable Internet down Da14?

I've been offline since 14:30 ish yesterday.  absolutely useless. From the barely audible and comprehensible Phone support I think they said ETA for a fix was next Tuesday, 25th? 

Can any UK staff confirm what the problem is and an why such a long time for a fix? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable Internet down Da14?

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may not be affecting the area.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Service status shows no issues, running the test does.  As I mentioned, telephone support are aware, and gave an ETA (I think) of next Tuesday. So my question is why so long? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The repair time is determined by the problem.

It might be something like the problem in New Malden area earlier this year.

>> Oops <<

It might be a total cable replacement along with Street Cabinets.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks -  I'm aware that the problem determines the fix time, hence I asked what the problem was in my first post ... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

May I ask why you want to know?

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If my internet is going to be down for nearly a week, I think it's reasonable to ask what the problem is, and what VM are doing to rectify the problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You don't need to know either of those things.

They have told you there is a problem and how long it will take to fix, whatever else they tell you will not change either of those facts.

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Do you really need a very technical explanation of the problem that you would not understand?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

How do you know I wouldn't understand? Any VM staff care to comment or let me know what the problem is?
0 Kudos