Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

CCTV problem

Hello my CCTV has been working with no problems for years, the last few days I have not been able to access via the internet. 

Before I start changing things does anyone know if Virgin have changed anything. Seems odd to me it’s suddenly stopped working.

I have done the usual turned everything off and back on checked cables etc. Cameras are fine and are wired to a DVR

any ideas appreciated 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: CCTV problem

Have you checked the connectivity?

Has your public IP address changed?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for reply

i can connect locally just not via internet, I am not aware if my public ip address has changed how would I know? I have not changed anything. It’s been that long since I set it up I have forgotten what I did. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Go to Google and type “what is my ip  address” and then check that is the same IP you use for accessing it externally or if the app it uses (if any) needs updating with a new IP

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You were right, many thanks for that saved me a massive headache. Would be nice if Virgin notified when making a change. 

thanks again much appreciated 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM does not supply users with a fixed IP address, it can change at any time. That said, it’s a ‘fixed’ sticky address that can remain the same for many years. Mine has changed recently for the first time in 2 1/2 years. Changes often happen when when VM do network reconfiguration. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I must have been lucky because it’s never changed in the last ten years. Still it would be useful if they notified changes after all they are quick enough to notify a bill change and quick enough to send out emails to say how new customers can get good deals. 

I simple notification would save a load of time and hassle. 

0 Kudos