Menu
Ptolomed
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

CAT 6 Connection

Will CAT connections only work from the main connected router or can you plug into second box where it says internet, for the feed?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: CAT 6 Connection

If you got a new router you connect the internet port to the hub and connect everything else to the new router and change hub to modem mode.
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Ptolomed
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have 2 virgin hubs, the main one has several ports, the other only one. The cat 6 is plugged into the second box with only one port available, shouls it still work off second box? Is the second box I need to  change to modem mode?

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Ptolomed wrote:

I have 2 virgin hubs, the main one has several ports, the other only one. The cat 6 is plugged into the second box with only one port available, shouls it still work off second box? Is the second box I need to  change to modem mode?

Which hubs are they?  Model number? Is one a 'booster' or something?

What are you trying to do?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos