Menu
KJ5
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Buffering

I have a hub 3 set on modem function linked to a deco mesh system  this gives me a good connection through the house  Recently when I watch tv using the firestick it keeps buffering. I have followed instructions for firestick but it still keeps happening. Is there something wrong with the router connection? 

number of connected devices hasn’t changed and I was the only one streaming 

when I check speed on my phone it looks ok. Eg at the moment The jittering is 4.4 ms download 73.3. Upload 9.78. Loss 0. Ping 11s 

I have the 100 mb pAckage. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering

Is the firestick very close to the TV?  The TV can block the WiFi signal.  Get a 1metre extension cable and put the firestick in a clear place. 

0 Kudos
KJ5
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I don’t think that is the solution. The firestick is supposed to be plugged into the tv. It has worked fine in this position until recently. The buffering is new. 

jpeg1
Superstar
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If all your other WiFi devices are working well as you have said, this has to be specific to the firestick.

WiFi signal patterns do change and it's also possible that the firestick has changed its connection to a different node of the mesh.  It would be a simple matter to extend the TV connection for a test. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @KJ5

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I have been able to load your account and see that you have an SNR issue in your area that could be causing some issues, however if all but one of your devices is having an issue, this is not likely to be the cause of the issue but wont be helping.When did this issue start to happen?

The SNR fault has an estimated fix time of 6pm today. Would you be able to check this after 6pm today and let us know if the issues have improve

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
KJ5
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven. I had continuous problems all through the day today with losing connection on teams calls. I was the only active account at the time so usage on my line couldn’t have been that high. So seemed to me to be the same issue I experienced watching tv

what is an SNR issue ? 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi KJ5,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some more problems with your connection today. I've checked your account again for you and it looks like there's some planned maintenance work going on in the area which will be what;s causing you some trouble. It's estimated to be completed by 3pm today so let us know how things are then 🙂 apologies for the inconvenience caused.

SNR stands for signal to noise ratio - an SNR fault would occur if the signal levels become out of spec. This would cause issues such as an intermittent connection and slow speeds.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
KJ5
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

the SNR can’t be resolved as my tv is still buffering 

I would really appreciate if virgin could fix this 

0 Kudos
KJ5
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi virgin. I’m still getting buffering despite the promised work in the line 

I have not had the problem before so something must be wrong with the line. 

id appreciate an update and commitment to resolve the issue

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi KJ5,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having an issue, I've checked and can see the SNR issue is still ongoing.

The fault reference number is F008934983 due to be resolved on the 27th April.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos