forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Kk3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Buffering

I was on better broadband speed now virgin have dropped me to 100!!!!! On a new contract that I thought was like for like🤬

mid this good service? 

internet keeps buffering and cutting out

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering

Have you checked for faults in the area? If no faults I would suggest you ring them to get the speed you thought you were getting. Best to ring on or just after 8am or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, typically between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Kk3
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for update I just think it’s disgraceful they drop your speed when renewing contract its deliberate and shameful 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They shouldn't drop your speed unless you agreed to it mate, what package were you on and what have they dropped you too? Check your configuration tab in your router settings or copy and paste it here and I can tell you what package your on at the minute:

Type 192.168.0.1 or (192.168.100.1 if you have your Hub in Modem mode) into your address bar at the top of your browser
For Hubs 2 & 3 - DO NOT LOG IN, just click “Check Router Status”
For Hub 4 - When the page appears LOG IN then click on:
Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Status.

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos