Menu
Thefutureisblea
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Buffering/lost connection

So I currently pay for the 200 Mbps service from virgin however over the past couple of weeks I have been encountering numerous buffering/dropped connection issues using various devices and both by WiFi and ethernet connections.

I spoke to an unhelpful tech support person the other day that seems to think that the issues lie with the following companies:

Netflix, Amazon video, playstation network, Xbox live, YouTube etc 

Saying that there is nothing wrong with the service they are providing.  

I am at my wit's end with this however before I cancel my service and look elsewhere is there a way that I can speak to someone that actually knows what they are doing or should I just cut my losses and leave?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering/lost connection

Firstly, let’s take a look at your connection. Please go into your hub on 192.168.0.1 and post your up/down stream stats and network log. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thefutureisblea, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community 🙂

Noticed you've not posted any stats or network logs for the community to take a look at.

Let me know if this is something you still need help with.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Thefutureisblea
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay have been out of the country however I am still experiencing the same issues with my broadband service.  Hopefully the logs/info you require is in the attach images.

Thanks for any help you can provide Screenshot 2019-04-27 at 14.24.02.pngScreenshot 2019-04-27 at 14.24.17.pngScreenshot 2019-04-27 at 14.24.40.pngScreenshot 2019-04-27 at 14.24.50.pngScreenshot 2019-04-27 at 14.25.27.png

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The recommended range for downstream power levels is between -6 and +10 and several of your channels are above 10.  This can result in slow speeds and/or the hub disconnecting from the VM network, which matches the symptoms you described.

This will need a technician to visit you to correct the power levels.  You can call VM and try to book a visit or wait for the VM staff to get back to this thread and they can help you book a visit.  It may take the staff a few days to get to this thread.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Thefutureisblea
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the reply mate, I shall give them a call

Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thefutureisblea,

Thanks for your post.

Were you able to speak to the team yesterday about this? If you have has everything been resolved?

If it hasn't, I would love to help further with this but I would need some further information from you to be able to do this. I'll drop you a PM asking for the details I would need to be able to access your account, if you are still having trouble with your broadband, please reply to that message and I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Thefutureisblea
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Unfortunately the support team havent helped me yet will reply to your message

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear they weren't able to help. Pop over a reply to my message when you can and I'll be more than happy to help

Thanks

Lindsey_C