Menu
Vass88
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering - Hopeless Customer Support - I've had it with VM

GREAT To see, you are dropped off the end of the forum when just like Support - noone can help you

epart from confirming there is an issue - whats the point of this community?

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 22 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Vass88,

We had reached out to help since your last post on here and had not heard back until last night. Please see my reply via private message if you are still seeking further assistance.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Vass88
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 52
Flag for a moderator

still waiting for support - Compaint is being ignored sicne January -  Onbudsman and Autorities now reported.

I dont know what else to do

I keep being sent back to Cust Services and the endless "Reboot your router" marathon that fixes nothing!

0 Kudos
Vass88
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Vass88_0-1618939655989.png

Evenings thats E V E N I N G S !!!!   not 3pm in the afternoon when you call me and say everything looks fine !!!!! **bleep** !!!!!

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 25 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Your BQM shows what looks to me pretty conclusively like downstream over-utilisation, meaning the network local to you has too many users, and struggles at peak times.  You see how it's very poor during the evening peak hours, and then peachy from about half past midnight to 9 am? Shows that the network and your hub are working perfectly when there isn't too much traffic, come the evening when everybody's in front of a screen and it all turns to sludge for latency sensitive uses like live-streaming, video calls and gaming.   Nothing you can do to improve matters. In some areas VM undertake work to rejig the local networks to balance loads and eliminate over-utilisation.  But sometimes that's simply not possible, or judged uneconomic, and any "fix" or "review" dates cannot be relied upon.  .At the level of problem shown, it is even possible that VM have not opened a fault for this, because there's a threshold (that isn't publicly known) before they'll even admit over-utilisation internally.  

In terms of what can VM do...well, even if they intend to upgrade the network, that's a big job with a lot of network planning, and would usually take several to many months.  The forum staff and customer service agents have no visibility of what (if anything) will be done, so the best they can offer you is a fault reference and a date that neither you nor they can rely on.

In terms of options open to you, you say you've already complained to the regulator and ombudsman (I assume you mean CISAS), and that's really it.  The regulator is useless, and won't intervene.  CISAS will investigate and come up with a resolution, but they can't force VM to upgrade the network, so the outcome will be at best some modest compensation, and release from any fixed term contract without penalty (and that may depend on what exactly you complained about and what outcome you asked for).  You should also be aware that if the case is with CISAS then VM's hands are tied - they have to let the adjudicator handle the case., and I believe they can't discuss the matter until that's completed.  Which would explain why you've heard nothing for a week or two, and starting a new thread won't help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Vass88
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 52
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the comprehensive reply

unfortunatly, we had an "upgrade" to the whole area by VM 2 years ago

We get bufferring all night, Amazon, Netflix, etc etc.  while others on 30meg BT have no issues.

I'm paying for 200Meg and get such a poor service.

0 Kudos
Vass88
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 52
Flag for a moderator

So, VM say using this community forum will get me a response... but all DM;s have gone silent

Vass88_0-1619078986862.png

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 28 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Vass88,

Thanks for coming back to me and apologies for the delay. I have today ran further diagnostics and can see one of the downstream channels is out of spec.

This requires a form to be sent to the networks team to investigate a possible congestion issue. I have also raised a work order on the account for them as well for the same issue. 

I will check the account every couple of days to see if there is any update. When there is, I will reply to you on here.

Kind Regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Vass88
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 52
Flag for a moderator

HORAY!  SOME ACTION !

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vass88.

Can you please let us know how you get on with your connection today? I've just checked your account for you this morning and it looks like an outage was raised but quickly reported as resolved as of today.

If you are still experiencing issues just give us a shout and we will feed this back to the Network Team.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos