Menu
annecd
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broken external box

Hi, our external brown 'NTL' box has been broken for quite a while and reattached with duct tape, but it keeps on falling off. My wifi has been dodgy for the past few weeks as well and I am wondering if there's a loose connection within the box as well. Can the box be replaced/fixed? How do I go about this?

Thanks,

Annemarie

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken external box

Do you get the same dodgy connection with an ethernet cable?

If so then something could, indeed, have come loose!

VM Staff should pick this up shortly and arrange to have the box repaired!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken external box

Hi there @annecd

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - we can easily get someone out to repair your Omni box for you 🙂 I have located your account from your forum information and have booked someone to come and take a look for you. No-one needs to be home during the visit. 

In regard to your WiFi issues, from looking at your account I can see that you are currently impacted by a known area issue called Congestion. This can cause issues with slow or intermittent service and connection. 

At the time of writing, the estimated fix date is listed to be 4th May and the reference number is F008595065. I have also logged this issue on your account for you. 

Other than that we can see that the only WiFi issue listed would be a couple of your device is a bit too far away from the Hub and is having some long term connection issues over the last week or so. 

Keep us posted.

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos