cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken box outside.

Nadia_La
Joining in

Hey, I haven’t had internet since Sunday evening. And since there were outages in my area, I was waiting for it to be fixed, however, the VM is now saying all is fixed and router is still flashing green and doesn’t work. By this point I already used up most of my mobile internet (different carrier), with most of the month still to go, and now that VM ran their automatic tests, and were unable to finish them - only now they are giving me an option of booking a technical. With fastest tech only being able to get here on Monday. A whole weekend with no internet is now ahead. 

0D417C6C-8C24-4A04-8D32-C215DBB94833.png

63276BAF-4427-42AE-969B-A72C77396063.png

66EF0768-8673-4959-8CBA-9E6E847AA290.jpeg

It was problem after problem with it, and since it virtually impossible to get through the bot, to speak to a real human, it’s just impossible to get to the bottom of what is going on. I was unable to explain to them that not only the internet is down, but also my box outside is broken and the cables are all exposed. No idea what happened there, but one of the cables (thin, white, almost transparent one) is bent in several places, however when I’m looking at other people’s boxes, I don’t even see such wire in their boxes. Haven’t got a clue why whoever installed it left a huge bunch of un-needed cable coiled inside the box. Nobody's boxes had those huge wads of coiled cables/ wires. 

521AA45B-D535-4F65-8720-9CD07B4BC195.jpeg

0CAE0AD1-48D6-409A-AD49-9448864DEA68.jpeg

D38F725D-7A1D-4D00-ADDF-EDB2AB95D567.jpeg

Can anyone see something broken inside this box/ cables? (As I checked all the cables inside the house and all the connections and thorny look fine) so the only obvious thing is this broken box of mystery… I meant misery. 

I now have an engineer booked for Monday, but there’s no way of letting that person know that this omnibox is broken. I’d not want them to get here and then realise they don’t have some but and bobs to fix it to actually make the internet working again. 

P.S.: to add to this my son needed the internet to finish his college work, and apparently if he isn’t done by Monday, he is going to fail, so this weekend with working internet was very much needed! Seriously considering leaving. 

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's a "real" fibre connection you have, not the older co-ax cable.  FIbre is extremely fragile and will fail if the bend radius is too small, for example.  It looks like a VM technician will need to be dispatched to fix this.

If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange a fix.  Otherwise you will need to phone Customer Services.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nadia_La,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the commmuity.

Apologies for the issues faced with the service, this definitely would need to be investigated from our team.

From checking our service I can see that an appointment has been booked with us.

Do let us know how it goes! 

Regards,

Kain

That’s exactly what I thought it was - the actual fibre cable. So annoying that the person who connected it left this much of it that it fell apart and got damaged. 😕 

Thank you. 

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Nadia_La wrote:

Hey, I haven’t had internet since Sunday evening. And since there were outages in my area, I was waiting for it to be fixed, however, the VM is now saying all is fixed and router is still flashing green and doesn’t work. By this point I already used up most of my mobile internet (different carrier), with most of the month still to go, and now that VM ran their automatic tests, and were unable to finish them - only now they are giving me an option of booking a technical. With fastest tech only being able to get here on Monday. A whole weekend with no internet is now ahead. 

0D417C6C-8C24-4A04-8D32-C215DBB94833.png

63276BAF-4427-42AE-969B-A72C77396063.png

66EF0768-8673-4959-8CBA-9E6E847AA290.jpeg

It was problem after problem with it, and since it virtually impossible to get through the bot, to speak to a real human, it’s just impossible to get to the bottom of what is going on. I was unable to explain to them that not only the internet is down, but also my box outside is broken and the cables are all exposed. No idea what happened there, but one of the cables (thin, white, almost transparent one) is bent in several places, however when I’m looking at other people’s boxes, I don’t even see such wire in their boxes. Haven’t got a clue why whoever installed it left a huge bunch of un-needed cable coiled inside the box. Nobody's boxes had those huge wads of coiled cables/ wires. 

521AA45B-D535-4F65-8720-9CD07B4BC195.jpeg

0CAE0AD1-48D6-409A-AD49-9448864DEA68.jpeg

D38F725D-7A1D-4D00-ADDF-EDB2AB95D567.jpeg

Can anyone see something broken inside this box/ cables? (As I checked all the cables inside the house and all the connections and thorny look fine) so the only obvious thing is this broken box of mystery… I meant misery. 

I now have an engineer booked for Monday, but there’s no way of letting that person know that this omnibox is broken. I’d not want them to get here and then realise they don’t have some but and bobs to fix it to actually make the internet working again. 

P.S.: to add to this my son needed the internet to finish his college work, and apparently if he isn’t done by Monday, he is going to fail, so this weekend with working internet was very much needed! Seriously considering leaving. 

The coiled fibre is standard practice.

Can't your son tether to a mobile for now?

Unfortunatley residential broadband has no SLA so you should always have a backup just incase.