Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broardband cuts in and out several times an hour

Hi all

Looking for some advice on this issue. My broadband cuts out several times an hour, making working from home almost impossible. I have tried daily to call through to the technical team with no luck, constantly on hold. Tried all the standard troubleshooting, restarted router etc. The issue still happens when I sit right next to the router, although is not as bad as when using wi fi upstairs, so it points to a poor wi fi signal to me?

Any advice on how to get Virgin to help here, do they offer upgraded routers? Have ordered a wi fi booster 3 times, nothing has arrived. I have had BT broardband before and never experienced this.

Hoping someone else here has been through this issue as well and has a success story.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broardband cuts in and out several times an hour

Are the cut outs happening on ethernet connected devices as well as the wifi ones? If you dont know can you test that ?

Also, just be aware that new boosters are now currently only supplied free if you have the Hub4. if so they are worth trying. If not, they will charge £3/month rental and they aren't good value at that. The maths says that you would be far better putting those monies towards sourcing your own better quality, wireless equipment (which is yours forever) with the Hub in modem mode to solve your wifi issues.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broardband cuts in and out several times an hour

Hi Simonkingh, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your broadband service, in particular the WiFi. 

I have taken a look from our side and can confirm our tests have detected no issues for the device.

This could point to signal issues around the home which could be helped with boosters .

If you would like to look in to boosters as an option please do let me know. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos