cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

ianjayne
Rising star

I am in area 14.(BD2 1LJ) Every so often we are getting a drop in broadband service. This is random and infrequent. The hub 4 begins to flash. After restarting by either switching off and on and or resetting it clears. The last time was about an hour ago from now 0830 ish and before that yesterday late afternoon. 
Is this an area fault or local such as the router beginning to fail?

I’ve only noticed those two incidents but that’s not to say they are the only ones. 

I would add service status says no issues. 

46 REPLIES 46

And now I cannot access my blueyonder webmail’s again.!!!!!!!

I'm locked out the response being 'forbidden'

I can however access them and they are coming in and going out via the iOS mail app!

GEEEZ!!

Just talking to Aisha on 150 about this, she is also having problems with her systems.  Seems endemic with VM.

Says it's a system issue which should be solved within 48 hours. Really?

ianjayne_0-1689700876419.png

Was this interruption planned?  If so why no advance notice?  Not sure it was as they had no idea on 150 there was an issue.

Hey ianjayne, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can confirm there is an outage area which is due to last until 16th July 2023, I am sorry for any trouble this may cause.

With outages they can happen anytime and we wouldn't plan an outage like this. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew ML. It’s now 19th July ! Still getting dropouts - care to update your comments?

it’s ok ATM. Dare I say that? 

Sorry to bring some bad news to the table but this has actually been extended till the 26th, if its good now this good.

However you may find some odd drops outs.

We do have an automatic compensation scheme here but to qualify services have to be down for 2 full working days  and then you get £9.33 per day for a total loss of service. Please see the link for a full break down regrading this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Why is this ? 

Thanks for the reply @ianjayne on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear that the fault has been delayed for repair.
Engineers may extend the fix date for a fault depending on the nature of the fault based on the size and scale of the repair to ensure that the issue gets resolved and that there are no inconsistencies left on the network which may cause a poor connection.

Let us know how it goes on the 26th and we can monitor from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

All noted 

Not wishing to jump the gun but an appointment was due today (25th July) for an engineer between 1200 and 1600 hours.

It may be one is working on the system as the wifi and phone are still up and down.  However despite at least 3 customers in this postcode none of us have seen any engineer let alone any improvments. Time now 1610 hours.