cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

ianjayne
Rising star

I am in area 14.(BD2 1LJ) Every so often we are getting a drop in broadband service. This is random and infrequent. The hub 4 begins to flash. After restarting by either switching off and on and or resetting it clears. The last time was about an hour ago from now 0830 ish and before that yesterday late afternoon. 
Is this an area fault or local such as the router beginning to fail?

I’ve only noticed those two incidents but that’s not to say they are the only ones. 

I would add service status says no issues. 

46 REPLIES 46

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Called 150 Intermittent fault apparently. I’m beginning to wonder if anything with VM is now fit for purpose. 

Since this morning no more drop outs that I’ve noticed. 

Thanks for coming back to us ianjayne and I'm glad that you have had no further dropouts today.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Just had a message from  VM to say all is fixed - (for now). AOK ATM.

We're glad to hear that is all working for you now.

^Martin

As I said above AOK until the next time which is TODAY at around 1400 hours. Broadband is down. Checked with VM who confirm the ‘intermittent issue’ is back! Simply not good enough VM. 

Hi @ianjayne 

Really sorry to hear that an intermittent issue is affecting your services at this time. 

I have checked the systems at my side and can see the system has identified an issue which is affecting multiple customers in your area. This is likely to cause connectivity and performance issues. Our engineering teams have been automatically notified of the issue and will investigate and fix the issue as soon as possible.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Went down again around 1400 hours Monday for some 20 minutes. ATM OK and stable.